Pinlearn Feature Upgrade: Here’s What You Need to Know
Hey there! How are you doing?
New Features & Enhancements in Pinlearn V3.0.4
Pinlearn V.3.0.4 is officially rolled out; it is all that you as an eLearning business need to innovate education. Designed to manage all teaching and learning processes and save time for the creative outburst, Pinlearn is the ultimate solution covering all your needs.
Detect Time when tutor starts the meeting
Class scheduling is an important feature that allows you to arrange classes automatically and seamlessly ensure that your business management runs smoothly. But what if the Tutor starts a class at the wrong time by mistake? Don’t worry; the new update has got this covered. The tutor will be blocked or warned if he/she starts the meeting at the wrong time. The Tutor can start 10 minutes in advance for the students to prepare.
Zoom-Handle if the Tutor leaves in the middle of the session
An emergency can strike at any moment, especially in this situation where most tutors are working from their homes. We understand this and thought about the scenario where the Tutor has to leave the meeting in the middle of the session due to any technical or personal issue. In such a situation, students would be moved to the waiting room instead of abruptly ending the session. The Tutor can resume the meeting when he is ready.
Trigger email notification by tracking host did not start zoom class
Tutors not showing up to the online class is a big turn-off to students and can cause them to abandon the class. This can affect the reputation of your eLearning business adversely if not addressed. To tackle this, we have included the feature of triggering email notifications if the host doesn’t start the zoom class on time. Emails will be sent to both Tutor and admin if the Tutor doesn’t begin the class on the fixed appointment time.
Here is how the email for the tutor looks like.
And this is how the email notification for the admin would look like.
Unify the subjects, categories and topics and grades together
Organizing the classes based on categories, subject, topic, etc., can help students understand the classification easily. We have unified the subjects, categories, topics, and grades together for 1-1 classes, group classes, and online courses.
Active/Inactive for filters
Activating or inactivating filters is a great way to ensure the data would not be corrupted. You can either activate or inactivate the filters like subject, categories, topics, and grade so that the data will still be there. In this case, if a student booked a tutor with category A => subject B => topic C, but then the admin deletes any one of the three filters above before the appointment starts, it will cause an error. To avoid this, we have integrated the particular activate/inactive feature.
Limit trial classes per student from the backend
People might want to try things before they buy. Most people would be hesitant to pay for anything that they haven’t seen or experienced in person. Online classes are no different. For the same reasons, it’s a smart idea to offer trial classes for your students. However, you might not want a student to take a couple of trial classes. We have heard you, V.3.0.4 contains the feature of limiting the number of trial classes per student from the backend. Here is how you can do it.
Course completion certificate
A completion certificate is proof of completing courses and makes the resume attractive to recruiters, which is definitely advantageous for students. Offering course completion certificates shows that you care about your students and their performance. Hence, we have added this feature to our new versions. Once the student successfully completes the entire course, he/she will be provided with a course completion certificate.
Managing the ratings and reviews
The update will allow the admin to manage ratings and reviews of tutors easily from the backend.
Option to edit the password for the users
Passwords serve as the first line of defense against unauthorized access to your profile. The stronger your password is, the more protected you are. You must keep on changing your passwords to strengthen your defense. Hence, we have included the option to edit the password for both tutor and student from the frontend.
Purchase tag for already bought courses
Once a learner has bought a course or webinar, it will show validation that it has already been purchased so that the user won’t make the mistake of buying it again.
Auto-recorded sessions for both tutors and admin
Recording lectures is suitable for students as they can easily come back and brush up on the concept whenever needed. But recording classless is super advantageous for tutors as well. They can use it to review their teaching style, present it to students who missed a particular class, etc. We understood the importance of this and have integrated an auto-recording feature for both tutors and admin against each completed appointment.
Enhancements in V3.0.4
The previous version of Pinlearn lacked the option to upload a JSON file from the admin backend for creating a Language. We have added it to this version.
File upload size expansion
The maximum file upload size of the base product is expanded to 1 GB.
YouTube video upload for How it works page
The “How it works” page lacked the option of uploading an explanatory YouTube video which has been added now. The option is provided in the admin backend to configure settings and edit to add the ID of YouTube.
Finding version number admin
The admin backend should have the build or version number which it lacked earlier. Now when the old client comes back to the platform to update the version, the admin backend can identify the version that they have installed.
Tutors can offer slots for 30mins and 1hour classes
Earlier students were only able to book classes of 1-hour duration. Now we have added 30 mint classes as well. SO now, tutors can open slots for both 30 minutes and 1 hour.
Email Template Restructuring
Email template has been restructured and enhanced for all email notifications in the platform now.
Whenever an image is uploaded to the platform, it will be framed as an HQ picture.
Booking Free trial class
Suppose if the student cancels the free trial class, there is an option to book a free trial class again with the tutor. Since there is no refund involved for the free trial class, once the student cancels, he/ she should have an option to register with the same tutor for free.
Text change from the admin backend
Now from the admin backend texts can be changed for the following areas such as
1.Footer text can be translated with static words.
3.Login page text
4.Home page – how it works
5.Teach with us page
Search group classes by name
We have added the functionality to search group class with the name of the group class, and filter by Tutor’s name and category.
Displaying 4 tutors per row
Cosmetic change in displaying 4 tutors per row on the home page for “choose tutors” page
Sign up page edit
The signup page image is editable now as shown below.
Default YouTube ID
When the tutor does not upload a YouTube id upon sign up, a default placeholder YouTube id is placed in that input field as shown below.
On/off for email notifications
The notification icon, when turned on /off, will enable/disable the email notifications respectively.
Our priority is to offer you the flawless user experience possible with our software. Bugs create difficulties in the user experience, and we cannot allow that. That is why we constantly work on eliminating software errors, both minor and major ones.
We have classified the bugs we found into major and minors fixed. Here is the list of the major bug fixes we have performed.
- Stripe Decimal issue: The software did not consider the decimal values of the currency and charged users the whole number value for decimal points, which has been fixed now.
- Zoom User listing issue: When two users who have enrolled as tutors in the platform joined the zoom session, it showed the same name for both tutors, which has been fixed now.
- Ratings and reviews given by the Tutor: The ratings and reviews of the student given by one Tutor were not showing up for the other tutors; now it’s fixed.
- API authentication : The API should use authentication, which was not the case in the earlier version. Initially, API used to accept requests from anyone who sends requests, which has been fixed now.
- API Project (Backend) issue: API Project (Backend) was not accepting or Connecting if Secured or Remote MongoDB URL is provided. ENV file as Database Connection. It was accepting only Localhost Connection without Authentication; now this is fixed!
- Newly added courses listing : The newly added courses or group classes for respective tutors weren’t listed when the student searched from the find tutor section. We have fixed the issue in this version.
- Issues related to group classes created from the backend: When a group class was created from the backend, it was not showing up for students and tutors, and also, the calendar slot booked by admin from his calendar was not present; it’s been fixed now.
Now, let’s look at the list of minor bug fixes.
- Actual price was not showing up on the course transaction page for the tutor, which has been fixed now.
- Toggle on /off favorite button(heart icon) in the find tutors page has been fixed now.
- Change of gibberish text under offline tutoring. Initially, there was gibberish text under offline tutoring in the platform, but now it has been changed.
- Spacing issue in user profile. When a user tries to edit the information in the user profile, there is a spacing issue. When there is one space given, after saving the description, it reflects with more than 2 spaces, which has been fixed now.
- The ? icon linking the kb.pinlearn.com is removed from the base product.
- The doc files uploaded by tutors were automatically downloaded when viewed, now it’s fixed and the admin can view them without downloading.
So that’s what Pinlearn V3.0.4 is all about; it has got all the features you need to educate and revolutionize online learning. It’s time to build something awesome for your educational business. What are you waiting for, try our live demo and get the hang of how easier it is to teach online.
New Features & Enhancements in Pinlearn V3.0.3
When we started Pinlearn, we were determined about giving the best online tutoring and learning experience for tutors and students. And version 3.0.3 is a step closer to that!
Here’s what we have done with the latest release! We’ll start with tutor enhancements!
Note: We’ve come up with video tutorials for certain features to help you get a better understanding
Tutoring Platform Enhancements
- Self Introduction Video Upload
A tutor’s profile with a self-introduction video stands out from the crowd and draws more eyeballs. With this version upgrade, we’ve made this process a piece of cake!
Tutors who are new to the platform and are registering for the first time can upload their intro videos in the login portal itself – helps save time and gives their profile a finished look right from the beginning.
Tutors can upload videos both from their local storage or from YouTube. Supports video formats like Mp4, 3GP, WVM and more.
- Tutor Feedback Feature
Tutors can give feedback about the students once the session is over. They can comment and give star ratings to the students – helps build the student-tutor relationship.
- Add Course Materials for Both 1-1 and Group Class
With this version onboard, tutors can upload course materials for both 1-1 and group classes from his/her appointments page – students get more knowledge from the tutor end.
- Different Pricing for Different Subjects
Not all subjects require the same effort to teach. Some might take extraordinary efforts and tutors would want the option to set a higher price for that subject. And with this version, tutors are getting that!
Tutors can simply head to their dashboard and manually change the pricing of the subject they want to!
- Share Profile Via Social Media
Tutors can share their online tutoring profile via popular social platforms – helps drive traffic and conversions.
- Separate Calendar for 1-1 Free Trial & Paid Class
In order for tutors not to confuse with the free trial classes and paid classes, we’ve come up with a separate calendar for them. You can take a look at the video to know more about this!
- Grading Option for Tutors
Tutors can now assign grades for the subjects they handle – helps students understand and make decisions.
That’s pretty much it for the tutoring platform. Let’s look at how we’ve made Pinlearn better for students.
Student Platform Enhancements
- Cancellation & Refund
If a student is not able to attend a pre-scheduled class, they can simply cancel and get a refund. But this should be done 24 hours before the class commences. Tutors can also cancel classes 24 hours before it starts. When a tutor does this, it’ll be automatically notified to the students and vice versa.
You can know more about this in this video here!
- Reschedule Classes
It doesn’t have to be a cancellation and refund always. Students can simply re-schedule classes 8 hours before it starts. As of now, students can only reschedule their 1-1 classes. The group class reschedule option will be available in the upcoming versions.
3. Avoid Multiple Slot Booking
When a student has already booked an appointment for a particular time slot, he/she cannot book another class in the same slot. They’ll get a notification from the platform saying that an existing class is overlapping with the same. This prevents students from booking multiple classes for the same time slot.
4. Upload Assignments for 1-1 Classes
Just like the tutor, students can also upload materials for 1-1 class – useful when tutors assign homework or assignments. For a better understanding, you can take a look at the video under the third feature from the tutoring platform enhancements division.
5. Share Tutor Profiles
Students can also share profiles of tutors on popular social platforms if they want to – just in case a friend of the student wants to enroll and they ask for details!
Admin Dashboard Enhancements
Version 3.0.3 has quite a few enhancements under the sleeve for admins. Admins can now update the tutor’s time zone, view PDFs uploaded by tutors, view the total number of listings on pages like classes, appointments, tutors etc., Also, significant enhancements were made to the platform’s multi-language feature.
There weren’t a lot of bugs! But we did find a few and fix them.
- Earlier the user was able to gift courses to him/herself. This issue has now been fixed.
- The vertical and horizontal sliding bar in the admin dashboard was hiding page text earlier. The same has been fixed.
- Course introduction video (vertical) when uploaded was not fitting to a specific frame and used to play all over. This issue has been fixed now.
- The calendar slots on Mac devices were stretching all over but it has been fixed now.
There are a few other miscellaneous enhancements like renaming “Book Courses” to “Buy Courses”, displaying the tutor’s subject name on the admin dashboard and more.
That’s it for version 3.0.3! We’ll keep you posted on future enhancements as well!
New Features & Enhancements in Pinlearn V3.0.2
While you were away, we’ve come up with an upgraded version of Pinlearn and we call it v3.0.2🔥. It’s power-packed, more robust and is probably going to help you in every possible way to scale your eLearning business!
So, let’s take a look at what this version update means to you and your eLearning business (and for us as well)!
We’ll be taking a look at the top 10 features we’ve shipped in this new version. The screenshots attached can help you understand the features better.
- New Revenue Statistics Tab in the Admin Page
Knowing how much you make out of your eLearning platform is a key factor to help you device new strategies or plans. We’ve just made this task easy for you by adding a new earning statistics tab on the admin page.
You’ll now be able to take a look at the
- Tutor’s name along with their email address and their payout request
- Commission percentage you’ve set for the particular tutor
- Split, detailed earnings the admin will be getting after the tutor’s earnings
The tutor search bar and the filter options make it easy for you to find specific tutors.
- 3D Stripe Payment for Secure Transactions
Secure transactions are important when it comes to running businesses. Which is why we’ve enabled 3D Stripe Payment in this version. The user will be redirected to an authentication page on their banking website. This helps prevent fraudulent transactions to a great extent.
- Terms & Conditions Checkbox
Including a “Terms & Conditions” checkbox was one of the major rollouts in this version. You get to ask your visitors to accept the T&C of your business before they sign up for the same!
- “Remember Me” Option On User Login Page
User experience starts from the moment they try to sign up for your product/service. We thought this over and included a “Remember Me” option on the sign-in/login page so that your user doesn’t have to enter his/her credentials every time they login.
- Multi Currency Feature
USD is not the only currency business happens in! Now you can change the currency of your eLearning platform with a single click. And it gets reflected on the entire platform including the admin, the user page and in the email notifications.
You can find this option under the “Config” tab in the admin dashboard.
- Free Group Classes
Earlier, both tutors and admins only had the option to conduct paid group classes. This restricted them from conducting a free group class which would have helped them attract more students.
In this version upgrade, we’ve come up with the option where free group classes can be created by both the admin and the user.
Here’s an image where a paid group class is being created. And there’s the free option available adjacent to it!
- Extensive Tutor Filtering Options
Students can now find relevant tutors with ease, thanks to the advanced filtering options. Apart from the basic filtering options, we’ve added additional options where students can filter tutors based on their country and zip code. This can help break down language barriers with ease!
- Display Remaining Slot Availability for Group Classes
Tutors and admins can set a limit for the number of students who can take part in group classes. When students start to enroll for the class, the available slot number automatically decreases. This promotes FOMO and students will show more interest to take part in classes.
- Zoom Link Against Appointments
Both students and tutors can find the “Zoom Link” for scheduled meetings from their accounts.
For students, it’ll be displayed under the “My Lessons Page” whereas, for tutors, it’ll be displayed under the “Appointments Page”.
This helps both students & tutors get a clean user experience and save time as well!
- Separate Commission Percentage for Tutors
Admins can now set custom commission percentages for a select tutor. Simply head to the admin dashboard, select a tutor and you’ll find the “Commission Rate” field box where you have to enter the percentage.
The default commission rate you set will reflect for all tutors. This option comes in handy only when you want to set commission rates for specific tutors.
Bugs & Fixes
The new features weren’t the only thing we were concerned about! In this version release, we also took care of a couple of major bugs the previous version had. And some of them are being listed below,
- Expired Course/Webinar Display
Courses and webinars that were deleted from the admin end were still displayed on the front-end user page. This issue has now been resolved.
- Emailer Logo Fix
Earlier, when an admin changed the logo in the backend, the same wasn’t getting reflected on emails. This issue has now been fixed.
- Guest User to Resume Journey After Login
Guest users can continue their journey on your website where they left after signing up. This wasn’t available before!
Also, here are the details of a few other minor fixes we did,
- A separate column has been added to display the name of the tutor who has posted the webinar/group class under the admin panel.
- The payment page title initially read “Stock Payment Solution”. The same has now been changed to “Make your payment for the webinar name/course name with (tutor name).“
- Under the admin section, the name “user” has been changed to “students”.
- The name “Webinar” has been renamed to “Group Classes”.
- Header tag has been added (“X-Robots-Tag: noindex”, true) to disable the search engine from indexing your demo site. When done building the site, you can change this and allow the search engine to crawl your site.
- When the user is availing a 100% discount, the check box that mentions “Free” is disabled now in order to avoid confusion.
- Earlier, even when a user uses a 100% coupon code, he/she was redirected to the payments page asking for the specific amount. This issue has been fixed now.